1. What is Mr. White?
A. A salesman. B. A professor. C. A repairman.
2. What does the woman advise the man to do?
A. Tas 105.
B. Ask another person.
C. Walk to the railway station.
3. What is the man’s attitude towards the plan?
A. He is against it.
B. He doesn’t care.
C. He thinks it is reasonable.
4. What is the man’s problem?
A. He can’t see the sign clearly.
B. He has no ticket for the movie.
C. He’s parked in the wrong place.
5. In which year is the man in college now?
A. The first year. B. The second year. C. The third year.
6. Where does the woman want to go?
A. The post office. B. The cinema. C. A park.
7. Who can help the woman?
A. The man with a bird.
B. The man with a beard.
C. The man with a bottle of beer.
8. Why is Jessie still at home?
A. She takes the day off.
B. She has enough time to go to work.
C. She is waiting for the man to go out together.
9. What does Jessie think of taking the subway?
A. Convenient and cheap.
B. Crowded and expensive.
C. Convenient but expensive.
10. What do we know about Jessie?
A. She used to have breakfast in her office.
B. Her office is far away from the subway station.
C. She doesn’t have to wait for buses and taxis in bad weather.
11. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. A plan for the party.
B. A visit to their relatives.
C. A call to their colse friends.
12. Why is the woman thinking of calling on Ann?
A. Ann has just got a new house.
B. Ann has just come out of hospital.
C. She wants to invite Ann to the party.
13. Why can’t they have a little party at Rick’s?
A. He is still in hospital.
B. He still doesn’t feel well.
C. He doesn’t like noisy parties.
14. Who are the two speakers?
A. A man and his wife.
B. A man and his sister.
C. A man and his girlfriend.
15. What does the man usually do at weekends?
A. He has tea with his friends.
B. He goes shopping with his friends.
C. He watches football games on TV.
16. On which point of the picnic is the man different from the woman?
A. Who should get the car ready.
B. How many friends they should invite.
C. What food and drink they should prepare.
17. How do students enter the library?
A. With a password.
B. With a student card.
C. With a library account.
18. How many books can students borrow at most once?
A. Nine. B. Eleven. C. Twelve.
19. What kind of book has to be returned within one week?
A. Booblished recently.
B. Books liked by a lot of people.
C. Books borrowed by local residents.
20. What will the speaker do next?
A. Take the students on a campus tour.
B. Show the students around the library.
C. Tell the students where to get bottled water.
Slang (俚语) is very informal language which is often used by young people. It’s hard to p to date with it as new words and phrases appear and develop. Living in a multicultural society has an effect on language, especially on the young, whose friends are often from a mix of bacnds. TV and music also have a big influence. A complete list of slang is difficult to make. By the time it is finished, the list will be out of date. However, here are a few examples:
“Safe”, “ sorted”, “ sound” or “cool” all means “That’s good” or “I understand”.