1. His success was because of ________ he had been working hard.
A. that B. the fact which C.the fact that D.the fact
2."Is Mary from New York City?" "I don't know _______."
A. from what city does she come from
B. from what city she come
C. what city does she come from
D. what city she comes from
3.________ makes mistast correct them.
A. What B. That C. Whoever D. Whatever
4. The reason why I didn't go to Shanghai was ________ a new job.
A. because I got B. because of getting
C. I got D. that I got
5. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey.
A. while B. that C. if D. for
6. Henry killed the dog. I'll ask him why ________.
A. did he do that B. he did that
C. he did D. he has done so
7. Have you seen Henry lately? My boss wants to know ________.
A. how he is getting along B. how is he getting along
C. what he is getting along D. what is he getting along
8. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
9. He asked me ________ with me.
A. what is the trouble B. what wrong was
C. what was the matter D. what trouble it is
10. I am sure ________ he said is true.
A. that B. about that C. of that D. that what
11. When and why he came here ________ yet.
A. is not known B. are not known C. has not known D. have not bee
12.I wonder how much ________.
A. does the watch cost B. did the watch cost
C. the watch costed D. the watch costs
13. Mary is ________ someone might recognize her.
A. afraid of B. afraid about C. afraid that D. afraid for
14.________ is no reason for dismissing her.
A. Because she was a few minutes late
B. Owing to a few minutes late
C. The fact that she was a few minutes late
D. Being a few minutes late
15. They came to the conclusion ________ by a computer.
A. that not all things can be done B. because of not all things be done
C. being not all things can be done D. because not all things can be done
16. Why the explosion occurred was ___ the laboratory attendant had been careless.
A. for B. because C. since D. that
17. I don't doubt ________ he'll come.
A. that B. if C. what D. whether
18."Why did you go to the wrong class, Mr. Wang?"
"Well, I forget _______ I was supposed to go to."
A. which the room B. which room
C. what was the room D. what room was it
19. Output is now six times ________ it was before liberation.
A. that B. which C. what D. of which
20. Mary: Helen is a mere washer woman, yet she's now buying a big house.
Carol: Yes. Because she's always saved ________.
A. what little she earns B. how little she earns
C. for little she earns D. with little she earns
21._______ surprised me most was ________ such a little boy of seven could play the violin so well.
A. That...what B. What...that C. That...which D. What...which
22. We gave him ________ help we could.
A. which B. what C. that D. this
23. She is pleased with what you have given him and ________ you have told him.
A. that B. which C. all what D. all that
24. Excuse me would you please tell me ________?
A. when the sports meet is taken place
B. when is the sports meet going to be held
C. when is the sports meet to begin
D. when the sports meet is to take place
25. Do you happen to know ________?
A. what size shoes he wears B. how big shoes he wears
C. what is the size of his shoes D. what number shoes are his
26. This book will show you ________ can be used in other contexts.
A. how you have observed B. how what you have observed
C. that you have observed D. how that you have observed
27. Where do you think ________?
A. has he gone B. has he been C. he's gone D. was he
28. Do you know ________?
A. how many populations there are in the world?
B. how much population there is in the world
C. how many the population of the world is
D. what the population of the world is
29. Would you go and see ________ outside?
A. what to take place B. what Tom has happened
C. what is happening D. what the matter had been
30. The subject of "What is interesting is that I do not even know him." is_______.
A. what B. interesting C. What is interesti